Once back, the group had made a delicious lentil soup and then we waited and waited some more. We have worked out a deal with Nigeria that they will let us come back into their country, spend the night in Ikom and drive north to the border we wish to use. But, that is only if Cameroon will cancel our entry stamp. Our group, except for Andy who just recently joined us, all have double entry visas to Cameroon but we want to save the second one for when we leave Equitorial Guinee. Few of the Oasis group have double entry visas so they are a bit hooped. Will and Mark have spoken to immigration numerous times and even taken a "void" stamp in with them to help them along. If they won't cancel our entry stamp, Nigeria won't let us in so we may be here awhile!
After much negotiating with both the military and immigration, even though the Cameroun border is closed, we are on our way back into Nigeria!. The military is very drunk and walking around waving rifles, there has been an argument/scuffle between a couple of passengers – that's what happens when you have nothing to do and all afternoon to drink and living on the street in the middle of a civil war so we are definitely needing to get out of here. I'm looking forward to sleeping in a bed with air conditioning!